Client: Our client is a leading online marketplace with wide-ranging offerings across different brands and product categories such as Electronics, Appliances, Home & furniture, Books etc.
Objective: Having a competitive edge in the online marketplace was a major challenge for our client. Monitoring multiple sites and a large number of products due to the extremely dynamic market, manual pricing data analysis can be time-consuming. Also a completely automated price monitoring did not provide the required results in terms of exact product match. This is where Vserve Competitive Intelligence was a real game changer.
Competitor Price Monitoring from Vserve
A combination of Automated and Manual process ensuring that the client receives the benefits of both the methods with 100% product matching was implemented.
ADVANTAGES OF MANUAL MAPPING:
- All the Product line was covered even in the absence of UPC/Model No.
- Products (Food-PL) coming with package, Units were also covered using price per unit concept.
- Pricing differed based on the color. This was achieved using Manual Mapping.
IMPORTANCE OF CRAWLING PARS:
* Price - Price was given to customer
*Availability - Based on the availability, product price differed:
- Price was unavailable when product had Discontinued or OOS.
- Price was lower for limited stocks.
*Rebate - Offers & Promotions had a great impact on Pricing
- Offer expiry date was recorded and based on that price, updated.
*Shipping Price - Pricing was based on shipping price as competitors offer free shipping with higher price.
Benefits to the client from Vserve's Price Monitoring
- Price alerts / notifications were sent via e-mail to keep the client aware of the constant changes as and when they happen.
- All information collected was displayed in the form of a Customized dashboard and price matrix to enable easy comprehension of all the necessary data with a single glance.
- Price updates on a weekly basis and monthly depending on the products and the nature of the competitors were made available to the client.
- Price intelligence for the development of pricing strategies for the client along with competitor's price change history, stock availabilities, and other product attributes were shared.
To download the case study, please click here