Are you a business owner seeking an eCommerce marketplace platform? Numerous platforms exist for online stores, including Shopify, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, Squarespace, and Wix. You will find recommendations in this blog based on the location and business model.
The following five things should be taken into account when selecting an eCommerce marketplace platform:
- Customer assistance
- Support for independent developers
Finding one platform that gives you all the solutions for the eCommerce marketplace is challenging. Carelessly signing up for a well-known eCommerce platform may not be best for your business. We will answer frequently asked questions regarding selecting an eCommerce marketplace for an online store.
The eCommerce platform is software that will allow you to sell physical and digital items online. Once on the eCommerce platform, customers can browse your website for your products, add the products they choose to their shopping carts, and finish an online transaction that pays for the items. It is essential that a marketplace for eCommerce support online transactions and is secure.
Businesses that deal in eCommerce buy products in bulk at a discount and generate money by reselling them online for retail prices. The gross margin that such an online marketplace gets for selling inventory is 50% or more.
You can select from a variety of eCommerce business models, such as:
- Selling handmade goods.
- Drop shipping.
- Products sold in bulk.
- Goods with private labels.
Although every model is different, they all involve purchasing goods at a discount and marking them up when selling them. The business strategy you select may impact the eCommerce platform you use.
While selecting an eCommerce marketplace platform, consider the following ones:
1. WooCommerce: People working on tight budgets will opt for WooCommerce as you can set it up for less than $3 per month. It might be necessary to have some technical knowledge to use WooCommerce efficiently.
2. Shift4Shop: Another option that is entirely free to use and has robust functionality, much like Shopify, is Shift4Shop. In contrast to other well-known platforms, it is less user-friendly and offers less third-party support.
3. BigCommerce: BigCommerce is a platform you have to pay for. It costs $30 a month and includes all the tools you need to build a fully functional store right out of the box. It provides you with a wide range of features and also good support.
4. Shopify: If you have the funds, Shopify is an excellent choice because it has become the industry standard for eCommerce. However, as you add more plugins to your site, the price can quickly rise.
5. Wix: Compared to Shopify, BigCommerce, or WooCommerce, Wix needs to be more flexible. Although Wix is simple to use and reasonably priced, it only supports some crucial eCommerce tools that serious online store owners require.
6. Squarespace: Squarespace’s eCommerce marketplace platform is attractively priced and easy to use, but third-party developers need to support it adequately.
7. Amazon and Walmart: Amazon and Walmart use a private, proprietary marketplace platform that is not accessible to the general public. Selling is possible but incredibly competitive, and millions of other sellers make it challenging to stand out.
You can use a free tool called builtwith.com to determine the platform an online store employs.
Ultimately, your particular business requirements and financial constraints will determine which eCommerce marketplace platform is best for you. Make an informed choice after carefully comparing the advantages and disadvantages of each platform.
1. Budget: Shopify is the most effective eCommerce marketplace platform if the price isn’t a factor because it’s so well-liked that most third-party software solutions support it first and foremost. It’s better to choose a fully-hosted eCommerce platform like BigCommerce or Shopify if your small business generates six, seven, or even eight figures because the cost of your shopping cart will be a relatively tiny portion of your entire sales.
2. International sellers: For international sellers, Shopify and BigCommerce provide first-rate assistance. BigCommerce has an advantage over Shopify because every theme comes with an out-of-the-box multi-currency converter and supports more payment gateways.
3. Drop shipping: Shopify and WooCommerce are the finest platforms for drop shipping because many vendors support them right out of the box. However, BigCommerce also merits a mention in this context.
4. eCommerce marketplace platforms for SEO: The best options for eCommerce marketplace systems for SEO include BigCommerce, Shift4Shop, and WooCommerce. These tools give you the most SEO freedom possible by letting you easily change URL slugs, meta descriptions, and title tags. On the other hand, Shopify has a fixed URL structure for its categories and product pages and allows little freedom or control over URL slugs.
5. Beginners: Shopify’s user-friendliness and great design make it the most significant eCommerce platform. Squarespace provides new and novice online store owners with a user-friendly eCommerce marketplace platform. Still, for serious eCommerce business owners, it is inappropriate due to its lack of market share and support from third-party developers.
If you’re serious about selling online and want to have greater control over your store’s design, functionality, and customer data, investing in your own eCommerce marketplace platform is worthwhile.
Any online business must choose the best eCommerce marketplace platform for it to succeed. Budget, usability, adaptability, customer support, and support for third-party developers are all crucial considerations when making this choice. The best eCommerce marketplace platforms, according to budget, are WooCommerce, Shift4Shop, BigCommerce, and Shopify. It’s critical to pick a platform that works for your company. With the appropriate eCommerce platform, you can sell physical and digital goods safely over the internet and turn a profit.
Look no further than Vservesolutions if you need expert help with your eCommerce marketplace platform. Our team of professionals is skilled in various services, such as BigCommerce SEO, Shopify web development, and WooCommerce development. You may feel secure knowing that your company is in good hands when you use our marketplace solutions. To find out more about how we can assist you with expanding your online store, contact us immediately.
This blog is inspired by the video ‘The Best eCommerce Platform To Sell Online (Hands Down)’ by ‘MyWifeQuitHerJob eCommerce channel.’