Our client is a leading online marketplace with wide-ranging offerings across different brands and product categories such as lectronics, Appliances, Home & furniture, Books etc.
Having a competitive edge in the online marketplace was a major challenge for our client. Monitoring multiple sites and a large number of products due to the extremely dynamic market, manual pricing data analysis can be time-consuming. Also a completely automated price monitoring did not provide the required results in terms of exact product match. This is where Vserve Competitive Intelligence was a real game changer.
Competitor Price Monitoring From Vserve
FLOW OF PRICE MONITORING TECHNOLOGY FROM VSERVE
A combination of Automated and Manual process ensuring that the client receives the benefits of both the methods with 100% product matching was implemented
Other PL include Electronic, Home appliances, Sports, Pet products, Flowers etc. . Products can be found by UPC, Model No., Customized name
Electronics PL: Specs, SIM Details, Color,Etc. Food PL: Flavor, Color, Package Details
Crawler will fetch the price, Availability, Rebate & Shipping Attributes (PARS) of Client Competitor Sit
FINAL PRICE SUGGESTION
Advantages Of Manual Mapping
- All the Product line was covered even in the absence of UPC/Model No.
- Products (Food-PL) coming with package, Units were also covered using price per unit concept
- Pricing differed based on the color. This was achived using Manual Mapping.
Importance Of Crawling Pars
- Price – Price was given to customer
- Availability – Based on the availability, product price differed:
a.Price was unavailable when product had Discontinued or OOS
b.Price was lower for limited stocks
- Rebate – Offer & Promotions had a great impact on Pricing
a.Offer expiry date was recorded and based on that price, updated.
- Shipping Price – Pricing was based on shipping price as competitors offer free shipping with higher price
BENEFITS TO THE CLIENT FROM VSERVE’S PRICE MONITORING
- Price alerts / notifications were sent via e-mail to keep the client aware of the constant changes as and when they happen
- All information collected was displayed in the form of a customized dashboard and price matrix to enable easy comprehension of all the necessary data with a single glance
- Price updates on a weekly basis and monthly depending on the products and thenature of the competitors were made available to the client
- Price intelligence for the development of pricing strategies for the client along with competitor’s price change history, stock, availabilities, and other product attributes were shared