The client is a leading eCommerce B2B retailer, specialized in maintenance, repair and overhaul products carrying over 2 million SKUs in their catalogs.
Interfering with the productivity and reducing sales, the substandard level of product data was the client’s concern – The client approached us with a requirement to-
- Cleanse and standardize the product data to enhance accuracy, reduce buying errors and product returns.
- Re-write the product information including descriptions and attributes to meet the quality standards and improve customer experience on their sites.
The challenge is to match, de-duplicate, standardize and update the product information for over 175,000 SKUs and ensure the data is of high-quality and consistent across the sales channels.
Vserve Approach And Solutions
Our team of data management experts used a combination of our expertise with a cutting-edge data cleansing technique to provide a customized solution.
Identified the product data for cleansing, analysed the data for missing or obsolete information, and duplication issues.
- Set validation rules for the automated workflow system to remove duplicate data.
- Used data matching techniques for clean and consistent data.
- Standardized attributes from product pricing to SKU numbers, meta tags and product URLs.
- Performed repeated quality checks to ensure 100% data accuracy.