With such voluminous data and lack of standardized product attributes, the client faced the challenge of inconsistency in the database leading to delayed time-to-market and poor stakeholder coordination.
Vserve Approach And Solutions
- Our cross-functional team with data mining experts, process executives, and quality analysts worked on the project sorting and assigning attributes for every product and optimizing the process for a quick turn-around time.
- The existing data was not properly categorized, in cases, where products were assigned to ‘General’ type and some product attributes were not enabled, thanks to our category experts, we classified the product data into correct categories and standardized UPCs (Universal Product Code) to ensure smooth workflow between the retailers, suppliers and manufacturers.
- The discrepancies in the current custom product attributes were addressed – Our experts made sure the dimensions, value and keys were attributed accurately and standardized throughout. We ensured that UPC, manufacturer, colour, dimensions and price for each product was attributed accurately and standardized.
Process of Product Attribute Standardization from Vserve
To ensure high-level consistency and data quality, a multi-step process of product data standardization involved –
- Accurate parsing of product data through advance technology tools
- Categorizing the product data with the help of our experts
- Normalization of the product data using industry best practices
- Standardization of product data for easy finding of right product, and
- Augmentation of the product data for search engine optimization